Those of us in the Bay Area are enjoying the massive amounts of rain that will surely improve our drought situation. For members outside the Bay Area (e.g., traveling or relocated), you have no doubt enjoyed the ability to stay connected to KeyPoint through our website and all your remote account access options.
By now you are well aware that I have relocated from Washington state, home of liquid sunshine. I’d like to offer a few suggestions on things you can do indoors during the rainy days. It’s a great time to review your finances and take steps toward greater financial security!
1. Read the helpful Educational Articles in our Resource Center—we have great information about buying your first house, saving for education, estate planning and more.
2. Schedule an appointment with a KeyPoint Wealth Advisor (408-593-4291) to review your investments, retirement accounts, and set up a plan for the future.
3. Review your insurance policies to ensure you’re adequately covered for today’s needs. You can get free quotes on life, auto and homeowner’s insurance through KeyPoint’s website.
4. Review the rates on your vehicle loans and mortgages to be sure you have the lowest rate possible (compare rates online). If you’re a homeowner, take a look at KeyPoint’s All in One™ Home Loan—on a rainy day, don’t you daydream about paying your mortgage off early and saving thousands of dollars over the life of your mortgage?
5. Set up Online and Mobile Banking to access your KeyPoint Accounts 24/7. And be sure to set up Text Banking through Online Banking—getting your account balance is as easy as texting “BAL” to 454545.
6. Review your retirement accounts, such as a company 401(k) or any IRAs to ensure you’re on track. Try to increase your contributions (especially if you have a company-matching program). If it’s time to get started with a new IRA, check out KeyPoint’s rates and open an account online!
7. Connect and talk with your children about saving money and financial literacy. A great place to start is with a Kids Savings Account for the very young ones, and a Student Checking Account with a debit card and mobile banking for your teenagers. KeyPoint has excellent online financial education programs like CU Succeed and BalanceTrack—fun reading for a rainy day! And it’s never too late to start planning for college by reviewing your savings and loan options.
Enjoy the rain, drive safely, and be sure to let us know if there is any way we can help improve your financial life!