We're there for you in difficult times
If financial challenges caused you to fall behind on your mortgage, loan or line of credit payments, we have several programs to assist:
- Reinstatement: Pay the total amount you owe, in a lump sum payment and by a specific date. This allows you to avoid foreclosure by bringing your mortgage current if you can show you have funds that will become available at a specific date in the future.
- Repayment Plan: An agreement to repay the past due amount and current payments together over an extended timeframe and catch up on the loan keeping your original maturity date and current interest rate.
- Loan Modification: Offers repayment options that may make the loan more affordable such a as a longer loan term or lower interest rate.
- Short Sale: Sell your home and pay off a portion of the mortgage balance when you owe more on the home than what it is worth. This option allows you to transition out of your home without going through foreclosure.
- Deed-in-Lieu of Foreclosure: Transfer the ownership of your property to KeyPoint Credit Union. This will allow you to transition out of your home without going through foreclosure. (This is typically available when there are no other liens on your property.)
Contact KeyPoint Credit Union and ask us about the options available to you. Call (888) 255-3637, ext. 4130 or (408) 731-4130. Or email CreditServices@kpcu.com.
For further assistance, you may want to contact HUD at (800) 569-4287 or TTY/TDD (800) 877-8339. You may also perform an online search for a HUD-approved counseling agencies by visiting the HUD website. The HUD housing counselors can help you understand the law and your options. They can also help you to organize your finances and represent you in negotiations with your lender if you need this assistance. Other useful consumer information on foreclosure alternatives is available on HUD's website.
Another option for free housing counseling is the Homeowners HOPE Hotline at (888) 995-HOPE (4673). This provides comprehensive foreclosure assistance and housing counseling services in more than 170 languages, 24/7/365.
If you believe there has been an error in the servicing of your loan or you wish to submit a qualified information request, please contact our Loan Servicing Department:
- Call us at (888) 255-3637, ext. 4252 or (408) 731-4252.
- Send us an email LoanServicing@kpcu.com.
- Please mail all written correspondence to:
KeyPoint Credit Union
Attention: Loan Servicing Department
2805 Bowers Avenue
Santa Clara, CA 95051
In your letter, please include the following information:
- Your name, property address, and mortgage account number
- Your address, day time phone number
- An explanation of why you believe there is an error, or identify the information you are requesting
We strive to respond within five business days, but no longer than 30 days. While waiting for our response, you should continue making your mortgage payments as scheduled.
Scam artists are stealing millions of dollars from distressed homeowners by promising immediate relief from foreclosure, or demanding cash for counseling services when HUD-approved counseling agencies provide the same services for FREE. If you receive an offer, information or advice that sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Don't let them take advantage of you, your situation, your house, or your money.
To determine if you are a possible victim of a scam, ask yourself these two questions:
- Were you told you had to pay a fee to obtain counseling services?
- Were you guaranteed a loan modification or asked to do any of the following:
- Sign over title to your property
- Redirect mortgage payments
- Stop making loan payments