Establish credit and build a FICO score with KeyPoint Credit Starter
Ideal for anyone with no or little credit—A great way to build your credit and savings at the same time!
When you’re starting out in the financial world—you need credit to qualify for a loan, but what if you don’t have any? Where do you start? If you need to establish and build credit, KeyPoint has just the solution—Credit Starter.
Credit Starter is designed for Members who need an opportunity to establish credit with the potential to achieve a favorable FICO score. (People with negative credit histories are not eligible for this product.)
Here’s how it works:
- Apply for the Credit Starter loan. You don’t need an established credit history, but you must not have negative credit history.
- Once approved, we’ll provide you with a $500 secure Credit Starter loan at 0% APR* with a repayment term of up to 24 months.
- Open a KeyPoint savings account where the $500 loan will be deposited to secure repayment. You will not have access to the $500 until the loan is paid off.
- Make your payments on time.
- Access the $500 in your Savings account once your loan is paid off. For those who are looking to start saving, you’re on your way!
By the time the loan is paid off, Credit Starter borrowers who have made their payments on time may have started to build credit history and established a FICO score. Borrowers can then potentially graduate to other KeyPoint lending products. Once you establish credit, your loan options are much greater. Open your Credit Starter loan today!
*Rates as of 2/3/2022. All loans subject to approval. Rates, terms and loan product availability subject to change without notice. Payment example: Pay $20.84 per month for $500 borrowed at 0% APR for 24 months. KeyPoint reports Credit Starter loan payments to consumer reporting agencies but cannot guarantee the effect of Credit Starter loan payments on consumer FICO scores, which are set and adjusted by consumer reporting agencies.