Get the information you need to build your financial knowledge––and take the next steps toward achieving your goals in life. Content supplied by CUcontent, a third party service provider. Articles made available for education and information only. For legal, tax, business or financial advice, consult a qualified professional.
Banking at a Credit Union
- Why Choose a Credit Union?
- 10 Reasons to be Thankful For Your Credit Union
- How Credit Unions Work
- 10 Myths About Credit Unions
- Are Credit Unions Here to Stay?
- How To Navigate The US Banking Systems
- Should I Take My Money Out of My Credit Union?
- Smart Ways to Save Money
- My Savings Has Been Wiped Clean; How Can I Replenish it?
- Save Money This Holiday Season with These DIY Gift Hacks
- 5 Things You Need To Know About Credit Life Insurance
- How Many Credit Cards Should I Own?
- Credit Cards or Debit Cards – What’s the Smartest Swipe?
- How to Build Your Credit History
- When Does it Make Sense to Pay a Bill with a Credit Card?
- What is Credit Card Interest and How Does it Affect Me?
- The Beginner’s Guide to Credit Cards
Leveraging Your Homes Value
- When to Choose a HELOC Over a Home Equity Loan
- The Pros and Cons of Tapping Your Home Equity
- Is it a Good Idea to Open a HELOC Now?
Securing Your Information
- Beware Tech Support Scams
- How to Protect Your Banking Info Online
- Ransomware and Mobile Devices
- Don't be a Victim of a Social Security Scam
- All You Need to Know About Data Breaches
Getting Your Child Financially Fit
Starting Your First Job
Starting a Family
- Safeguarding Your Family with Insurance
- Saving for Education Expenses
- Preparing Financially for a New Baby
Preparing for the Unexpected
Moving Out On Your Own
- A Guide to Opening Your First Credit Card
- Should You Buy or Rent Your Residence?
- Examine Your Transportation Options
Heading Off to College
- Get the Most from Your College Degree
- Understanding How to Budget
- Three Ways to Finance a College Education
- The Top 5 Money Saving Tips for College Students
After College Planning
- Plan for the Payoff When you Plan Your Student Loans
- 4 Ways to Repay Your Student Loans with Help from KeyPoint!
- Beware of Debt Relief Scams
- All You Need to Know About Student Loan Changes During COVID-19
Taking Out a Loan
- Personal Loans: The Swiss Army Knife of Personal Finance
- Is a Personal Loan the Answer to my Urgent Money Need?
- Personal Loans
Managing Your Budget
- 7 Signs You're Living Beyond Your Means and How to Fix Them
- 6 Times A Bargain Is Not A Bargain
- 6 New Years Resolutions for a Financially Improved You
- Debt Consolidation: Not a Silver Bullet, But Still a Good Idea
- Creative Ways to Save On Energy Costs
- 8 Reasons to Create a Monthly Budget
- How to Create a Budget in 6 Easy Steps
Buying a Vehicle
- 7 Steps Toward Purchasing an Auto Insurance Policy
- All You Need to Know About Buying a Used Car
- Car Buying 101: Should I Buy a New or Used Car?
- How to Get a New (or Better) Car Loan
- Five Reasons to Refinance Your Auto Loan
- Feeling Stuck in Your Car Loan? It Might Be Time to Shop Around!
Buying a House
- The 20% Down Myth
- House Buying 101: How to Choose a Realtor
- Separating Needs from Wants
- Which Mortgage is Right for You?
- Buying Your First Home
- Five Benefits of a Credit Union Mortgage
- How to Refinance a Mortgage
- The Benefits of a Fixed-Rate Mortgage
- Should I Refinance to a 15-year Mortgage?
- All You Need To Know About Home Loans
- What You Didn’t Know About Home Loans
401k & IRA
- 401(k) Plans and Your Retirement
- Contributory IRA Changes You Need to Know About for 2018
- Borrowing Against your 401(k) - Is It Ever A Good Idea?
- IRAs: Maximizing Tax Deductions with Proper Planning
- Cash, Credit, or Debit?
- Q&A: Why Are Prices So High Now?
- 7 Fun Facts About Leap Years
- How Men And Women Manage Money Differently
- Tax Deadline Delayed (Updated 3/25/20)
- Apple Pay, Samsung Pay And Tokenization: How To Stay Safe With The Wallet Of The Future
- Snowball Method vs. Avalanche Method: What’s the Best Way to Tackle Debt?
- Should I Finance a Large Purchase?
- Beware Cryptocurrency Scams
- Which Financial Steps Should I Take After a Divorce?
- Beware of Debt Relief Scams
- Choosing a Guardian
- What are digital assets?
- Do Single People Need Estate Plans?
- What Happens After Both Trustors of the Living Trust Die?
- How to Protect Your Pets?
- The ABC’s of Trusts
- What is a probate?
- What is an Advance Health Care Directive?
- Who Are Your Beneficiaries?
- What is a Special Needs Trust?
- What Are the Most Common Estate Planning Mistakes?
- What is the End of Life Option Act?
- Living Trusts and Estate Planning: A KeyPoint Credit Union Member Benefit