When will the Bill Payment conversion take place? Will it impact payments I already scheduled?
The old Bill Pay system will be retired on July 24, 2017 at 11 a.m. PDT, and the new Bill Pay system will launch on July 28 at approximately 10 p.m. PDT. Any Bill Payments scheduled during this time will be sent after the new system launches on July 28.
If you have any payments scheduled between July 25 – July 27, we strongly recommend you reschedule them on July 24 to avoid being late.
Will Online Banking be available during the Bill Pay conversion?
Yes. Only Bill Pay and Pay a Person will be unavailable during the installation of the new system July 24 – July 28. All other services will be functional.
Will my Bill Pay log in change?
No, you will still access Bill Pay once logged into Online Banking with your existing credentials.
Will I need to re-register with the new Bill Pay system?
No, you will not need to re-register with the new Bill Pay system.
Do I need to setup my payees again?
All your bill payee information will automatically convert to the new Bill Pay system. However, Pay a Person contacts and scheduled payments will not be converted and will need to be re-add in the new system after July 28.
If you notice that a payee is missing in the new system, simply go to the Manage Payees tab, and add the payee. We recommend you take screen captures of your payee information before July 24 for your reference.
Will recurring or automated payments convert?
Recurring and automated payments for Bill Pay will convert –– but not for Pay a Person. We recommend that you login and review your scheduled payments before July 24 at 11 a.m. PDT, and check back on July 28 after the new system launches to make sure all your Bill Pay payments converted.
Will I still see my payment history?
One year of payment history will convert to the new system, and payments will appear on your monthly account statements as usual. However, if you delete a payee prior to conversion, that payee history will not convert to the new system.
I can’t see anything on Bill Pay and Send Money pages.
If you are using Safari as your browser there is a known issue. Go to Settings on Safari at the top of the browser, and select Preferences. Choose Privacy in the pop up window, and under options for Cookies and Website Data, select Always Allow.
Will my eBills statement still be delivered to Bill Pay?
To protect your privacy, we will not retain any existing eBill information when the old system is retired on July 24. You will need to re-enroll your eBills when the new Bill Pay System launches on July 28.
Will the payment process differ from the current system?
No. Your bill payments are sent as either an electronic payment or a paper check –– depending on the payee’s ability to receive electronic payments. If the payee cannot receive electronic payments, a paper check is sent. The difference is that an electronic payment debits your account when it is sent, but a paper check does not debit your account until it is deposited/cashed and clears your account.
What is the cutoff time for payments?
The payment cutoff time is 2 p.m. PDT on business days. Payments scheduled after 2 p.m. PDT will be processed on the next business day.
Why is a new Bill Pay system being installed?
We want to make it easier for KeyPoint Credit Union members to manage their finances anytime, anywhere. With our new Bill Pay system, it’s easier than ever to pay bills and manage payments with your computer, smartphone, or tablet.
What new features will be available on the new Bill Pay system?
The new features include:
- The Payment Center –– an online dashboard that consolidates all your scheduled payments and payment history in one convenient location
- Easier payee entry and organization –– simply enter the name of a payee and a list of matching companies will appear, so there’s no need to type in the address. You can also organize your payees by group –– for example Utilities, Credit Cards or Favorites.
- Email alerts can be set for scheduled payments, delivered payments, and when a check payment has cleared.
- A new check format that displays your non-electronic Bill Payments just like a check from your checkbook. Funds will be drawn from your account when the check clears, and a copy of the cleared check can be viewed in your online account activity.
- Payment Calendar – See your upcoming bill payments in a calendar format
What features will be changing?
- Portfolio –– Non-KeyPoint accounts in your Portfolio and Manage Money will no longer be aggregated when the old system is retired on July 24. Watch for more information about the new-and-improved Portfolio and Manage Money features coming soon
- Payment Scheduling –– you will now select the Send on date rather than the Deliver by date.
- Pay a Person payments are now located under Move Money > Send Money rather than Transfer Money
Are there any actions I need to take?
Yes. The transition to the new Bill Pay system will happen automatically, but action is required on your part if you have:
- Payments scheduled July 25 - July 27 - You need to reschedule any payments you scheduled while the new system is being installed –– from July 24 at 11 a.m. to July 28 at approximately 10 p.m. PDT. Payments scheduled between July 25 and July 27 will not be processed until July 28.
- eBills - To protect your privacy, we will not retain any existing eBill information when the old system is retired on July 24. So, you need to re-enroll your eBills when the new system launches on July 28.
- Pay a Person payments - To protect your privacy, we will not retain any existing Pay a Person payment information when the old system is retired on July 24. So, you need to re-add your Pay a Person payments when the new system launches on July 28.
Who do I contact with questions or if I need help with Bill Pay?
Contact us at (888) 255-3637:
- Monday - Thursday from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. PDT
- Friday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. PDT