When will the Bill Payment conversion take place? Will it impact payments I already scheduled?
The old Bill Pay system will be retired on July 24, 2017 at 11 a.m. PDT, and the new Bill Pay system will launch on July 28 at approximately 10 p.m. PDT. Any Bill Payments scheduled during this time will be sent after the new system launches on July 28.
If you have any payments scheduled between July 25 – July 27, we strongly recommend you reschedule them on July 24 to avoid being late.
Will Online Banking be available during the Bill Pay conversion?
Yes. Only Bill Pay and Pay a Person will be unavailable during the installation of the new system July 24 – July 28. All other services will be functional.
What browser settings do I need to use Bill Pay?
As of October 1, 2017 Bill Pay no longer requires third party cookies to be enabled.
Will my Bill Pay log in change?
No, you will still access Bill Pay once logged into Online Banking with your existing credentials.
Will I need to re-register with the new Bill Pay system?
No, you will not need to re-register with the new Bill Pay system.
Do I need to setup my payees again?
All your bill payee information will automatically convert to the new Bill Pay system. However, Pay a Person contacts and scheduled payments will not be converted and will need to be re-add in the new system after July 28.
If you notice that a payee is missing in the new system, simply go to the Manage Payees tab, and add the payee. We recommend you take screen captures of your payee information before July 24 for your reference.
Will recurring or automated payments convert?
Recurring and automated payments for Bill Pay will convert –– but not for Pay a Person. We recommend that you login and review your scheduled payments before July 24 at 11 a.m. PDT, and check back on July 28 after the new system launches to make sure all your Bill Pay payments converted.
Will I still see my payment history?
One year of payment history will convert to the new system, and payments will appear on your monthly account statements as usual. However, if you delete a payee prior to conversion, that payee history will not convert to the new system.
Will my eBills statement still be delivered to Bill Pay?
To protect your privacy, we will not retain any existing eBill information when the old system is retired on July 24. You will need to re-enroll your eBills when the new Bill Pay System launches on July 28.
Will the payment process differ from the current system?
No. Your bill payments are sent as either an electronic payment or a paper check –– depending on the payee’s ability to receive electronic payments. If the payee cannot receive electronic payments, a paper check is sent. The difference is that an electronic payment debits your account when it is sent, but a paper check does not debit your account until it is deposited/cashed and clears your account.
What is the cutoff time for payments?
The payment cutoff time is 2 p.m. PDT on business days. Payments scheduled after 2 p.m. PDT will be processed on the next business day.
Why is a new Bill Pay system being installed?
We want to make it easier for KeyPoint Credit Union members to manage their finances anytime, anywhere. With our new Bill Pay system, it’s easier than ever to pay bills and manage payments with your computer, smartphone, or tablet.
What new features will be available on the new Bill Pay system?
The new features include:
- The Payment Center –– an online dashboard that consolidates all your scheduled payments and payment history in one convenient location
- Easier payee entry and organization –– simply enter the name of a payee and a list of matching companies will appear, so there’s no need to type in the address. You can also organize your payees by group –– for example Utilities, Credit Cards or Favorites.
- Email alerts can be set for scheduled payments, delivered payments, and when a check payment has cleared.
- A new check format that displays your non-electronic Bill Payments just like a check from your checkbook. Funds will be drawn from your account when the check clears, and a copy of the cleared check can be viewed in your online account activity.
- Payment Calendar – See your upcoming bill payments in a calendar format
What features will be changing?
- Portfolio –– Non-KeyPoint accounts in your Portfolio and Manage Money will no longer be aggregated when the old system is retired on July 24. Watch for more information about the new-and-improved Portfolio and Manage Money features coming soon
- Payment Scheduling –– you will now select the Send on date rather than the Deliver by date.
- Pay a Person payments are now located under Move Money > Send Money rather than Transfer Money
Are there any actions I need to take?
Yes. The transition to the new Bill Pay system will happen automatically, but action is required on your part if you have:
- Payments scheduled July 25 - July 27 - You need to reschedule any payments you scheduled while the new system is being installed –– from July 24 at 11 a.m. to July 28 at approximately 10 p.m. PDT. Payments scheduled between July 25 and July 27 will not be processed until July 28.
- eBills - To protect your privacy, we will not retain any existing eBill information when the old system is retired on July 24. So, you need to re-enroll your eBills when the new system launches on July 28.
- Pay a Person payments - To protect your privacy, we will not retain any existing Pay a Person payment information when the old system is retired on July 24. So, you need to re-add your Pay a Person payments when the new system launches on July 28.
Why Do I See More Payees in the New System?
When we converted your data, all your active and inactive payees were converted and will all show as active in the new system. However, you can group payees in the new system, so simply create an inactive group and move all your inactive payees into that group.
What is the cutoff time for payments?
Payment cutoff time is 2:00 PM PST on business days. Any payment scheduled after this time will be processed on the next business day.
Can I set up a bill payment from my savings account?
Can I set up a bill payment from my KeyPoint CU credit card.
Will I be notified if my payment failed? How will I be notified? Email, text, etc.
Member will be notified by email if a bill payment fails.
If you send bill payment notifications, can I choose what notifications are sent to me?
Members can set up alerts and frequencies in Payment Center.
Where is Deliver Date for payments---I see Send on?
To make a payment, select the “Send on” date instead of the “Deliver by” date.
Why do some payments come out of my account on the “Send on” date while others clear later?
Electronic payments clear on the “Send On” date while as paper mailed payments clear when the payee cashes the check. They clear as if you wrote the check yourself from your checking account, and you can even see those check images!
How far in advance can I set up a bill payment?
A payment can be set up any time in advance (there is no limit). However, for a payment to be processed 'today', it must be set up before 5:00pm (Eastern).
What if my recurring bill payment falls on a non-business day?
The payment will be processed on the next processing day (payments are not processed on weekend days or Federal Reserve identified holidays).
Can you guarantee that my bill payments will be sent on time?
Yes. All payments are sent on the processing day designated by the Member.
How can I stop a bill payment?
You may cancel a scheduled bill payment if it has not already been processed by clicking ‘X’ under Delete in Payment Activity > Scheduled Payments. If the item has started processing or has already been processed, our ability to process a stop payment request will depend on the payment method and whether or not the check has cleared. Stop payment request on a check that has not cleared can be made using the ‘Stop Payments’ form within Online Banking (Services > Stop Payment), the same way you would stop a personal check. There is no need to call member services to request a stop payment.
If I need to stop a check bill payment, how would I know what check number was issued?
You can find the bill pay check number displayed on the Processed Payments section in Payment Activity.
Can I schedule a bill payment to a government agency? Are there any types of payments I can’t make?
Payments can only be made to Payees with a US address. All payments are permitted, however not guaranteed to be accepted by the Payee (such as a government agency).
How long are bill pay checks valid? Do they become stale dated after certain amount of time? Do the checks show the expiry date?
Bill Pay checks are valid for as long as KeyPoint personal checks are valid, but the expiration date will not appear on the face of the check.
Are expedited payments available?
Expedited payments are available for check payees only. These payments will be delivered via overnight delivery. The cutoff time to submit an expedited payment is 2:00pm (Eastern). Please note that there is a $19.95 fee for this service. Note: Expedited payments can only be set up through online banking and is not available through mobile.
How long do you store my payment history and ebills?
18 months of payment history will be available. eBills are stored for one month.
If I have a recurring payment series set up and I want to cancel one payment, how can I do that?
You will need to delete the entire series and re-set up to begin with the next payment.
What is Send Money?
Members can send money to themselves or to someone with only the recipient name and email address or cell phone number. For security you will type in a question and answer that only the recipient would know, such as “What color shirt was I wearing at lunch?”
How much can I transfer through Send Money?
Transaction limits are $500 for new members and $5,000 daily and $30,000 within a 30-day period for existing members.
Can I set up a recurring transfer through Send Money?
You can set up a recurring external transfer, but you cannot set up a recurring Pay a Person transfer.
Who do I contact with questions or if I need help with Bill Pay?
Contact us at (888) 255-3637:
- Monday - Thursday from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. PDT
- Friday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. PDT