One of the highlights for me since I moved to the Bay Area two years ago has been visiting the local sites and attractions. There is so much to do here, and it’s all within driving distance. Many of our local sites are popular destinations for tourists from all over the world!
As you gear up (or rather wind down) for the summer, below is a list of 6 fun things to do in the Bay Area. Take your KeyPoint debit card with you, and remember to check the Passport Rewards site for any applicable discounts!
1. Beaches. I recently attended KeyPoint’s Strategic Planning Retreat with our Board of Directors at Half Moon Bay. It was my first visit to Half Moon Bay, and it’s a beautiful location! We also have Carmel, Monterey Bay, Santa Cruz, Big Sur, and the tidepools at Moss Beach. Don’t forget the sunscreen!
2. Napa Valley. Even if you’re not a wine connoisseur, Napa is a beautiful place to visit. Great shopping, great food, and even fun little things for the kids, like a small Old Faithful Geyser and petrified forest.
3. San Francisco. Although it’s probably less fun during the summer when it’s packed with tourists, there’s still a lot to do in The City: Alcatraz, Golden Gate Bridge, Pier 39, Ghirardelli Square and the crookedest street in the world.
4. Lake Tahoe. Fodor’s Travel says “Stunning Lake Tahoe is the largest alpine lake in North America, famous for its clarity, cobalt-blue water, and surrounding snowcapped peaks.” Plus casinos. What more could you want?
5. Yosemite. El Capitán, several beautiful waterfalls, Glacier Point, Half Dome, rafting, hiking, camping. Yosemite is a great place to refresh your soul.
6. Amusement parks. Definitely high on the “fun” scale, amusement parks like California’s Great America (don’t forget your KeyPoint discount!) and Six Flags Discovery Kingdom bring out the kid in all of us.
I would love to hear how KeyPoint’s free Passport Rewards saved you money or helped provide a great experience—let me know!